XIII EURASIAN ECONOMIC FORUM IN VERONA
XIII EURASIAN ECONOMIC FORUM IN VERONA (22–23 October 2020, Verona, Italy)The Forum has risen to global prominence, and processes to integrate the global economy should be accompanied by efforts to create an economy of trust. Cooperation between key actors in international relations is essential in order to engage in dialogue and find answers to such challenges as rapid technological progress, global environmental and social problems, and many other issues faced by all governments on the Eurasian continent. This business event in the Italian city of Verona is precisely the kind of platform needed to promote the discussion of the most pressing issues on the economic agenda and to identify the most effective means by which to address them. This encompasses the Russia–EU and EAEU–EU formats, as well as the Roscongress Foundation’s From Lisbon
to Vladivostok initiative, which supports the idea of creating a single economic space for the Eurasian Economic Union and European Union in order to combat rising protectionism.
Themes for discussion:
• The future of the oil industry: a new strategic outlook on supply, demand, and market balance, and the pursuit of a new socioeconomic development model.
• The structural economic crisis and the pandemic: seeking a new geopolitical and socioeconomic order (Europe, Eurasia, the US, China).
• Prospects for the gas industry, particularly LNG, in the new economic reality.
• The key role of genetics and genome research in the new socioeconomic reality: the contribution made by gene technology to medicine, the environment, agriculture, industry and energy.
• Europe-Eurasia links: logistics, transport, communications, digitalization and the need for political dialogue.